In storage system and for the FC connectivity WWNs, WWNN and WWPN plays an important role. In this article will see about these in more detail.
What is WWNs?
- It is known as World Wide Name.
- It is a 64-bit globally unique number, usually present in hexadecimal notation.
- WWN is assigned at the vendor’s and form many devices this can be change.
- WWN is a general term. When referring to a WWN, you are either referring to a World Wide Port Name (WWPN) or a World Wide Node Name (WWNN)
What is WWPNs?
- It is known as World Wide Port Name.
- It is the globally unique identifier for each individual port on a Fibre Channel network.
- Fibre Channel management tools are referring to the WWPN when talking about a WWN.
What is WWNNs?
- It is known as World Wide Node Name.
- It is the globally unique identifier for each node on a Fibre Channel network.
- It identify each individual computer on the SAN.
- As each computer can have multiple Fibre Channel adapters, each WWNN can have multiple WWPNs assigned to it.